‘Reggae By Nature’ is the brand name owned by Ara Entertainment Limited. This is the brand that combines a small dedicated and talented team of organisers that put on Events, Tours and Festivals in New Zealand and Australia. Reggae By Nature and Ara Entertainment Ltd is spearheaded by Ara Adams-Tamatea.
The Reggae By Nature team are made up of different individuals who bring many years of experience and talent to the table. At different times, we have any number of the individuals below working on our events. This team includes:
- Tim Cooper
- Don McCallum
- Lisa ‘Tu’z’ Te Huia
- Leeanne Troughear
We also have an extensive team of Event Staff from Tauranga, Otaki, Taranaki, Auckland that we are lucky to have work for us at all our shows.
Here is some background information on Ara Adams-Tamatea and the work he has done in the Music Industry over the years.
- Exodus Festival. New Years Eve Reggae Festival held in Papamoa. First started 31st December 2011.
- Rebel Souljahz NZ Tour May 2010. Support from 1814 and Katchafire.
- The Whalers Fundraiser Festival Jan 2011 featuring 1814, House Of Shem, Katchafire
- Kolohe Kai NZ Tour March 2011. Support from 1814 and Sons Of Zion
- Kolohe Kai and Rebel Souljahz NZ Tour Aug 2011. Support from Sons Of Zion, The Hypnotics, NRG Rising, Tomorrow People, Vintage
- Kolohe Kai Australian Tour Aug 2011. Support from T-Rhythm, Paua, F4R AI, V-Tribe
- Katchafire NZ Shows from 2002-Present. Support from a range of NZ Bands over the years.
BOOKING AGENT AND MANAGEMENT
- Katchafire Manager 2002-2006
- Katchafire NZ Booking Agent 2006-Present.
- Katchafire Australian “Raggamuffin Tour” 2008
- House Of Shem “Move As One Tour” 2007
- Ardijah “Best of Polyfonk” CD Launch Wellington 2010
- Ardijah “Best of Polyfonk” Tour Porirua and Wainuiomata 2011
- Worked with other NZ Bands in the past such as: Kora, Cornerstone Roots, Opensouls, Ardijah, Unity Pacific, House Of Shem.
- Katchafire Bass Player from 2001-2007
- Bass Player for Katchafire on the albums Revival and Slow Burning (also has 1 track on Say What You’re Thinking and On The Road Again)
- Bass Player for Rebel Souljahz on the NZ Tour 2010 (see “Slow Down” Video)
- Performed in Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, USA, Fiji, Hawaii, Australia, New Caledonia.
- Performed at many National and International festivals featuring The Wailers, Michael Franti, Damian Marley, Morgan Heritage, Andrew Tosh, Fiji, J Boog
- Remixer and Beat Maker using Ableton, Serato and Logic
- Production and Remixes in spare time
- Reggae + 90s Hiphop and RnB + 70s Funk, Soul, Disco
- DJ support for international acts Rebel Souljahz and The Original Wailers,
- DJ’d at Toast Martinborough and Raggamuffin Festivals
- DJ support for NZ bands House of Shem, 3 Houses Down, Sons Of Zion, Sweet n Irie, Opensouls, Little Bushman, 1814, Che Fu
“Tama Tu Tama Ora, Tama Noho Tama Mate”